I am excited to hang out with all of you this Sunday, December 10, 2017 as I interview a woman who began life as a homeless teenager living in a church. It is amazing when we have nothing left, the things we will run to. My guest Sheana Elliott, like King David in the Bible, chose to run to the church in her hour of great need. I ask, where( and who) are you running to when life has worn YOU out, depleted your energy, and stolen your joy?But, in case you didn’t know it,the church is not simply the four walls in which we worship, serve, pray and sing to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Church, my friends, are the people who have hidden the Word in their heart, tattooed it in their mental Rolodex and bear the fruit of the One who sent them. It’s those we encounter everywhere. Why? Because God is everywhere. Have you met Him? Well,that is church–at least to me. So, join me and let’s enjoy the Dovetale of this tremendous singer, songwriter, and Worship leader who is convinced when we open up to Him we will BE better, we will WANT better, and we will DO better. The fun begins at 2:30 pm eastern time.
To join us this Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:30-3:30 pm eastern time, please go to: http://tobtr.com/10445873
In the meantime, here is a bit more about the devoted and courageous Sheana Elliott.
- She is prepping her upcoming CD dropping in late 2017.
- She served as a Worship Leader at Grace Baptist Church in Norwalk, CT, followed by 16 years as Music Director and Worship Leader at New Vision International Ministries in Bridgeport, CT.
- She is a former member of Gospel ensembles, BASIC (Brothers and Sisters in Christ) and NIA.
- Faith was a strong component of Sheana’s upbringing because in addition to being a singer, her mother was also a pastor.
- When discussing her new single, “Best Me”, Sheana says, “I was praying around 2AM in the morning,” she recalls. “I said to God, ‘I just want to be better. I want to do better. I don’t want to waste what you’ve given me. I want to get it right today and I want to be what you want me to be’,” she says.
- “Best Me” is a follow-up to the first track she released entitled, “With All I Have”.
Sheana Elliott’s “Best Me”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m68XFe9sW8g
Sheana Elliott’s Bio: http://www.tehillahpr.com/SheanaElliott/Bio.pdf